Job Type: Permanent
Java Developer, Permanent Role, Donegal
The ideal candidates should have 4+ years IT experience with significant experience with some knowledge of AJAX, XPATH, XSLT and Web Services.
The role will involve work on mission critical projects for our client. It will also involve some Sybase/MS SQL Server stored procedure and trigger programming. The successful candidate will also be required to provide support for the web development environment infrastructure and perform related duties as assigned or requested.
We are looking for a proactive individual with strong technical ability and initiative that is able to meet customer needs while at the same time thinking ahead to introduce creative ideas aimed at increased efficiency and process improvements. Strong communication skills are essential.
Experience and Attributes Desired: Experience in the following technologies is essential:
• The ideal candidate should have a recognized third level IT qualification and have a minimum of 3 years software development experience.
• Experience with AJAX, XPATH, XSLT, Web Services.
• Experience with IBM Rational Software Development Platform and WebSphere application server.
• Knowledge of design patterns.
• Self-motivated and able to handle multiple tasks.
• Proven ability to be a self starter and motivated.
• Excellent communications and analytical skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to be a team player.
• Ability to analyze data and problems.
• Solid understanding of Relational Databases, Object Oriented Design, and OR- Mapping tools.
• Able to demonstrate initiative, team skills, and hard work.
The following would be a distinct advantage:
• Experience in Sybase/MS SQL Server stored procedure and trigger programming
• Experience in WebSphere development environment
• Experience in Unix script and C language is a plus
• Knowledge in claim processing application is a plus
Benefits include; Pension Scheme, Health Insurance, Long Term Disability Plan, Life Assurance, Performance Related Pay, Company Bonus Scheme, 21 days Annual Leave plus additional Service Leave. Continuous Training and Development, Educational Assistance, Relocation, Employee Assistance Programme, Rewards & Recognition Programme, and Employee Share Participation Scheme. They also operate Family Friendly Working Policies such as Teleworking and Variable Working Hours. Excellent room for promotion and to learn, competitive package and salary.
© 2008 Methodius Limited - IT Recruitment